Wednesday, May 23, 2012

PHOTO OF THE WEEK (Week of May 20, 2012)

PHOTO OF THE WEEK
This photo is of a young William and Mary (Oschip) Taczak, holding a baby.  William and Mary were my maternal grandparents.  I believe that baby they are holding is my Uncle Bill, their first child, but haven't been able to confirm that it is in fact him.  My grandfather was born March 12, 1910 in Dixonville, Pennsylvania, the son of John and Mary (Kovalyak) Taczak.  My grandmother was born September 23, 1917 in Idamar, Pennsylvania to Metro and Piza (Turenchalk) Oschip.  They married on May 8, 1943 and spent their married life in Masury, Ohio.  My grandpa passed away in 1979.  My "Gram" passed away just shy of her 90th birthday in July of 2007.  A big thanks to my NEW FOUND cousin Cassandra for scanning and sharing family photos, she provided me with this photo of my grandparents! 
William & Mary (Oschip) Taczak,
(Possibly) holding their eldest son, Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment