Thursday, October 25, 2012

PHOTO OF THE WEEK (Week of 10/21/12) UPDATED INFO!

PHOTO OF THE WEEK
This photo is a unique photo for me as it ties in my mother's lineage to my father's lineage in previous generations.  Both my grandmothers appear in this photo, my paternal grandmother Estelle Ledney Adams is the female on the left and my maternal grandmother is on the female on the right, Mary Oschip Taczak.  My grandmother's were both, at one time, members and officers at St. John's Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church in Sharon, Pennsylvania.  I am not sure who all the gentlemen in this photo are or what the circumstances surrounding the photo are---if anyone should know, please click on this link for contact information and let me know! Contact me! Since this was posted, with the help from my mother and father, I was able to identify from the left, Ed Vavrek, Father Raphael Sotak, August "Augie" Vavrek, UNKNOWN and then of course my two grandmothers.  Both my father and mother recall that the event in the picture was the paying off of the mortgage of Saint John's Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church in Sharon, Pennsylvania.  The church originally had a 25 year mortgage and was built in 1938, so this picture was circa 1963. 
 
From left to right: Ed Vavrek, Father Raphael Sotak, August Vavrek, Unknown and then
Estelle Ledney Adams and Mary Oschip Taczak.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that picture. Father Sotak is my Dad. It was nice to see this picture of him as a younger man. I also remember Mrs Taczak. many thanks...Greg photog567@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. I wish my dad had his eyes open. I remember Mrs Adams and Mrs Tazak very well. Many thanks for posting this... Greg gregorysotak@ameritech.net

    ReplyDelete